HAVE MERCY

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 17, 2008. I woke up nothing’s exciting and never expected of any. Up at 4am, preparing myself for office, work ‘til 1pm and back to my pad, it makes me that boring in a day.

But, I received a bad news, I never dreamed of it. I was very sad and I never expected to hear that information. My uncle’s wife is in a coma. For a healthy person like hers, no one will think of such.

My sister informed me, they are on their way, in an ambulance from our town, to the Davao. I could hardly imagine how her (my aunt) condition is. Is it needed for her to be brought here? How serious is she? These questions made me frantic.

Back on our college days, she has this very sweet and happy smile. She loves to laugh and giggle. She is a happy-going person. She became a friend, not just that, a buddy. Throughout the duration of friendship, she finally met my uncle. He is blood-related, but more to that, he is my mentor. We have created a circle. And with that, they fell.

I was on my way to San Pedro Hospital, as every distance decreases, my heart was pounding to its unusual. I got really scared. She has Zaki and a husband who’s working in Taiwan. I got off the jeep and swept through Gaisano Mall to the hospital. There I found her, lying unconsciously. Her every breath was taken from the depths. I can’t stop my heart to break on the picture. I kept on praying, “God, not now!” My relatives are already there, worriedly tense of her situation, praying.

While on the wait for the doctor’s view, her close friend suddenly came from nowhere. I was shocked at first but covered with sadness, I talked to her. Her face was not different to what I felt, and still feeling it.


[get this widget]

0 comments: